Friday, January 10, 2014

Vermillion Flycatcher, Demuth Park, Palm Springs, 1/10/14, 1/12/14

Soon after arriving in Palm Springs, I dropped my camera, rendering it useless.  For the past week I've been checking out a nearby city park, Demuth Park, and have found quite a few birds, including 2 Vermillion Flycatchers.  One's a first year female, the other a male who flycatches in the same small area every day, often returned to a fence separating the park and Tahquita Creek Golf Course.  He has a brilliant vermillion crown, but his body is orange-peach, while his wings are not deep black but charcoal-brown and his mask rather gray-brown.  A few photos of him taken today (1/10/14) taken with a point and shoot camera I don't know how to operate.

Today I took a few Vermillion Flycatcher photos with a new camera (Nikon Coolpix P520)




















No comments:

Post a Comment